Superyacht Insurance Benefits
At Ibex Marine we know that boat ownership is your passion and your luxury, be it a 7 metre speedboat, a 10 metre ketch or a large super yacht. Like all treasured possessions you need to protect it with quality insurance cover.
With Ibex it's plain sailing because we have combined experience of over 50 years of boat ownership and sailing experience in Europe and around the world at the highest level.
Ibex is a specialist in providing fully comprehensive, competitive cover for a wide range of recreational craft whether powered by motor or sail. In this capacity we act as ‘Pure Brokers’ bringing you a range of options that cover a wide selection of underwriters each mastering their own specialisation at very competitive pricing. You do not have to spend hours surfing the internet to arrive at the best most competitive options. We do this for you at no additional cost.
At Ibex we do all this for you adding that personal touch which is widely appreciated by all our international clientele, be they individuals, yacht management companies, yacht brokers or trust companies.
A Marine Insurance policy from Ibex offers you:
- Third party liability
- Optional worldwide territorial limits
- All risk options
- P & I cover for those larger vessels employing crew worldwide
- Crew Personal Accident, Injury and Illness cover and yachtsman's travel insurance with no offshore sailing limitations
- Racing cover
- Transit cover available
- Including auxiliary vessels/tenders
- Optional cover for water skiing and towing of recreational toys.
- Excess free options
- Loyalty and no claims bonus discounts
- Covering most international flags
Marine Insurance Summary of Covers
We can offer fully comprehensive or third party only covers. Both include Legal and Breakdown Cover Protection.
- Insurance based on the "agreed value".
- Vessel includes sails, machinery, gear, equipment, including its boat(s)/tender, lifejackets, fixed and handheld navigational aids, furniture and fittings.
- Cover includes: Physical loss to the vessel, caused by accident, theft, deliberate damage not caused by you and vandalism, fire and/or explosion, acts of piracy.
- Physical loss of trailer or damage caused by theft, fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake, collision or accident whilst in use.
Third Party Cover
- Legal liability to another person arising out of your interest in, or use of, the Vessel.
Personal Accident Cover
- This will cover you for bodily injuries caused by an accident on board the Vessel including emergency medical expenses.
- Alternative accommodation expenses following loss or damage to the Vessel.
Optional Cover Available
- Extended cruising range
- High speed (in excess of 17 knots)
- Transit risks
- Personal effects
- Rig exclusion
- Machinery damage
- Marina benefits
- Protected no claims bonus
- Club racing
Best all round information regarding Yachting/boating issues in Spain:
Very useful sailing weather international web: